Our mission, our purpose at Yucca Valley Nazarene (YVN) is to help people take their next step towards Christ.
Each of us is in a different place on our spiritual journey; some are just beginning while others are much further along in their walk. Here at YVN we believe that anyone can discover forgiveness, peace, joy, purpose, love and meaning for life in a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
Forgiveness of sins and a right-standing with God the Father is given to everyone who believes Jesus and asks him to forgive their sin. This act of faith and repentance establishes us in a personal relationship with Jesus; we are “believers.” When we are reconciled to God, we accept that we can be reconciled with one another: loving each other as God loves us, and forgiving each other as God forgave us. This serves as an example of the character of Christ in our lives.
We believe that the Bible is the main source of spiritual truth confirmed by reason, tradition, and experience.
YVN is a holiness church. We teach that believers in Christ can experience a richer fellowship with God, and through the filling of his Holy Spirit we can have victory over sin, and the power to witness and serve.
YVN is a protestant church in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition. It is part of the denomination of the Church of the Nazarene that is home to more than 2 million members worldwide, worshipping in over 26,000 congregations in 156 world areas.
JOIN US FOR WORSHIP:
• 9:30 a.m. – Bible Study (adult, children and teen)
• 10:45 a.m. – Morning Worship (Contemporary Music) / Children’s Church
• 5:00 p.m. – Designated Prayer Time
• 6:00 p.m. – Wednesday Evening Service (Southern Gospel Music)
• 6:00 p.m. – Refuge Teen Group
• 6:00 p.m. – Kids’ Program (K through 6)
• 10:00 a.m.-12:00p.m. Food Distribution
(2nd Friday of the Month)
• 10:00 a.m.-12:00p.m. USDA Food Distribution
(3rd Friday of the Month)
• 6:30 p.m. Celebrate Recovery
Nursery Services provided for most gatherings – please see our nursery schedule>